Tuesday, April 9, 2013

30 Week Update!

So I've been putting off this update for awhile, not becuase I keep forgetting or am just lazy, but because I feel like I don't have anything to update! So instead of going through the list of questions that I have been doing, I'm just going to generalize it all =D

As of today, I'm 30 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Overall I've been feeling great. Especially if I incorporate a nap in my day. It used to be that if I took a nap, I'd have a hard time sleeping at night. Now? Not so much. I have a very hard time getting through the day without a nap most days.

My stomach is getting...huge. Not huge, but ... just big. Every time I get used to my "new" size, bam, Isaac will have a growth spurt and I'll be knocking stuff over, setting my tummy in water on the sink, running into things, etc etc. Then I'll get used to that size and BAM it happens again =D

I've definitely had my biggest "growth spurt" sometimes from Friday night to Sunday morning. It was like all of a sudden I was ginormous. All my great friends (even strangers) say I look great and I'm "all baby". I wonder if they'd still say that if they could see my thighs ;) Speaking of which, I worked out last week for the first time in.....over a year? It's been a long time. I figure summer is on our doorstep and I can't wear jeans to cover these legs up all summer: Gotta get into SOME shape before baby Isaac comes (or as much shape as I CAN!). Working from home really helps the ability for me to work out now. And take naps. And get stuff done! I love the feeling all over. Now I just need to add a cute lil baby to take care of ;)

Other random things about how pregnancy is going:

I get the WORST acid reflux. Its annoying because some foods cause it one day, but then that same food wont cause it the next day.

I believe I'm slightly lactose intolerant now. If I eat a bowl of cereal with 2% milk, I feel icky for an hour or so. If I eat a bowl of cereal with whole milk...well my cereal doesn't stay in my body for 20 minutes. It's heartbreaking but I semi knew it'd probably happen. Either now or when I start to nurse (because I just KNOW I'm going to have one of those babies that don't do well with dairy....just because I love ice cream so much). So I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast with almond milk. It was ok. But to a hormonal woman: it nearly brought tears to my eyes (if my husband wasn't right there, I would have bawled....but I held my composure, there are few things worse then seeing my husband confused and not knowing what to do because I just start randomly crying lol).

And on that note, wowzers. You'd think I'd be used to all the emotional ups and downs. Nope. I fear I never will get used to it lol. I think that what I lacked in having (morning sickness, massive headaches, uncomfortableness, blah blah) my body made up for in emotional craziness.

Movement! Lil Isaac moves so much. I'm cherishing it all right now, because once he starts kicking those ribs (which seems like he's getting closer every day) I will be not so happy. The only time I don't "like" the kicks, is when he kicks (or hits...I think it's from his arms) really low on my sides. it tickles. And not a giggle tickle. But a really weird "I'm gonna freak out" tickle.

Another great thing: Pyogenic Granuloma. Look it up if you want, but its basically a "mole/cyst" that has formed right in the middle of my forehead and refuses to go away. it bleeds super easy, so it feels like it wont "heal". Hydrogen Peroxide and Neosporen make it worse, but just leaving it alone has helped immensely. If you haven't seen me just believe me: it looks hideously gross. It's not just this little red bump on my face. It's a HUGE fat red thing sticking out of my head (it shows through my bangs). The good news: I only have one, they should just go away (especially since I got it due to pregnancy rather than old age or something), it's gotten way better since I stopped trying to treat it both in size and beauty (or lack there of lol).

So that's all I can think of right now. Maybe within the next couple weeks I'll have much more to talk about. I am done to only 10 weeks left =D

This is the best picture I could come up with, sorry, it's really hard to take a good picture of yourself!






1 comment:

  1. Delightful post! Keep em coming. And we've become almond milk fans here too! I love granola with almond milk...yum! Love you and watching for daily updates!

    ReplyDelete